Creating or modifying Upgrade Model Objects Jobs
TrueSight Server Automation lets you decide whether you want to upgrade policy-based objects — that is, component templates, BLPackages, and server object-based Snapshot and Audit Jobs — when you add a new version of a custom configuration object to your TrueSight Server Automation system.
Policy-based objects are not automatically upgraded to reference the new version. If you do want to upgrade them, one way to accomplish that is to run an Upgrade Model Objects Job. Alternatively, you can edit each of the policy-based objects so it includes the correct version of a custom configuration object.
For more information about upgrading custom configuration objects, see Upgrading custom configuration objects.
This topic includes the following sections:
To create and run an Upgrade Model Objects Job
- Open the Jobs folder and navigate to a subfolder where you want to create a new Upgrade Model Objects Job. Right-click the folder and select New > Administration Task > Upgrade Model Objects from the pop-up menu. The New Upgrade Model Objects Job wizard opens.
- Provide information for the Upgrade Model Objects Job, as described in the following sections:
- Click Finish after completing the last step of the wizard.
To modify an existing Upgrade Model Objects Job
Do any of the following:
- To modify the definition of an existing Upgrade Model Objects Job, open the Jobs folder and navigate to an existing job. Right-click the job and select Openfrom the pop-up menu. The content editor displays a series of tabs that correspond to panels in the Upgrade Model Objects Job wizard. Use the tabs to modify the job definition. The following topics describe the contents of the tabs:
- To see or modify any properties, permissions, or audit trail information that apply to this job, select the Properties, Permissions, or Audit Trail tab group.