Creating additional Application Servers
You can create additional Application Servers from the TrueSight Server Automation Console using the Infrastructure Management window or from the command line using the Application Server Administration console (the
To create additional Application Servers from the TrueSight Server Automation Console
Use this procedure to create Application Servers in addition to the Application Server installed on a host.
- In the TrueSight Server Automation Console, from the Configuration menu, select Infrastructure Management.
- Expand the Application Server Launchers node and right-click the Application Server Launcher that you want to control the new Application Server. Then select New Application Server.
If there are unmanaged deployments which match this new Application Server request, you are prompted with the option of using the unmanaged deployment or creating a new one. Choose one of the following options:
- Click No to return to the new Application Server dialog box.
- Click Yes to redeploy the unmanaged deployment with the base port and configuration type you specify. This action does not preserve the data that was in the previous unmanaged deployment.
In the New Application Server dialog box, enter the following information for the new Application Server.
Application Server field
Application Server Name
(Required) The name for the new Application Server. Used internally within the TrueSight Server Automation environment, as well as for the Display Name in the interface. Follow these guidelines:
- Specify a name that is unique on the host. Do not use the same name as the default Application Server.
- The name can be no more than 200 characters in length.
- The name can include letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
- Do not use the following reserved names: default, _install, _launcher, _old, _pxe, _spawner, _template, _util, _postmig.
You cannot change the Application Server Name after configuration. However, you can change the Display Name. See Viewing and editing an Application Server profile.
(Required) The number that TrueSight Server Automation uses to automatically generate default port numbers for the new Application Server. Specify a number that makes the new Application Server default ports unique on the host. The number must be between 1000 and 65536. To generate the numbers, TrueSight Server Automation uses the base port with the last two digits of the default port. For example, if the default port numbers have a base of 9800 (9836 for Registry Port, 9829 for SRP Port, and so on), you could specify 9900 as the base port for the new Application Server. The creation process sets the Registry Port to 9936, the SRP Port to 9929, and so on. For more information on the ports used by TrueSight Server Automation, see TrueSight Server Automation ports.
Application Server Type
(Required) Specifies the type of Application Server to create: Configuration, Job, NSH_Proxy, or All (a combination of all three types). For information about each type, see Application Server types. The Application Server Type determines the attributes included in its Application Server profile. Accept the default (All Server Types) or uncheck All Server Types and select one or more types. (Use Shift + Click to select multiple contiguous types; use Ctrl-Click to select individual items).
- Click OK. The system creates a profile for the new Application Server.
- A prompt appears, asking if you want to edit the new Application Server profile.
- To add or change attributes for the server, click Yes. The Edit Application Server Profile dialog box appears. For information, see Viewing and editing an Application Server profile.
- To accept the profile, click No. (You can edit the profile later.)
TrueSight Server Automation creates the Application Server. You can either start the Application Server or deploy it and start it later.
To create additional Application Servers from the command line
You can also add a new Application Server deployment using the
blasadmin Create command. This command provides the ability to set up an environment from the command line. You can create deployments while executing from a shell or while reading in a file.
To add a new deployment, complete the following steps:
Create a new, default deployment of a specific type by entering the following:
create <deployment_name> <base_port> <profile_types>
<deployment_name>is the name of the new deployment you are creating. For guidelines for creating the name, see the description of the Application Server Name field in Creating additional Application Servers from the TrueSight Server Automation Console.
<base_port>is a number that is combined with offset values to determine Authentication and Application Server port numbers. For example, the offset for the authentication port is 40 by default. If the base_port is 9500, the authentication port would be 9540. For more information about ports, see Client ports, Application Server ports, and External Authentication ports.
<profile_types>is a comma separated list of the type of Application Server to create: Configuration, Job, NSH_Proxy, or All (a combination of all three types). For information about each type, see Viewing and editing an Application Server profile.
- Start the Application Server on the machine where you are setting up the deployment. See Starting Application Servers.