Creating a remediation package
You can create a remediation package for a component that has failed a Compliance Job. This procedure creates a BLPackage that consolidates all remediation actions specified in the compliance rules that the target component has failed.
A remediation package is a BLPackage that contains all the items in each BLPackage that is supposed to be deployed for each compliance rule that a target component has failed. For more information about remediation jobs and remediation packages, see About remediation packages and remediation jobs.
This procedure does not create a Deploy Job to deploy the remediation package. To create and deploy a remediation package, see Manually remediating compliance results. You can also define a Compliance Job to automatically remediate failed components so that the job itself creates a remediation package and deploys it to failed components (see Creating Compliance Jobs).
To create a remediation package
- In the Jobs folder, select a Compliance Job, right-click, and select Show Results.
A new tab opens in the content editor. It shows the Compliance Job results.
- In the hierarchical tree on the left of the tab, expand a particular run of the Compliance Job, and do any of the following:
- Under the Rules View node, select any component.
- Under the Server View node, select any component or select one or more rule groups or rules.
Right-click and select Create Remediation Packageto open the Create Remediation Package window.
The Create Remediation Package option is only available if the item you have selected includes one or more compliance rules needing remediation and those compliance rules include remediation options. For more information about defining compliance rules, see Compliance tab for a component template.
- For Package name, enter a name for the BLPackage created for remediation.
- For Save package in, click Browse and navigate to the depot folder where you want to store the remediation package generated by this procedure.
- Click OK.
TrueSight Server Automation creates a remediation package for the targeted component and stores it in the Depot.
You can create a remediation package using Create Remediation Package option only when a BLPackage is associated to the Compliance rule. The objectives for creating the remediation package are:
- It duplicates the exact BLPackage which is associated with the Compliance rule.
- If needed you can modify this BLPackage and manually run the deploy job.
- All properties associated with the original BLPackage are also available in the newly created package.