The TrueSight Server Automation Command Line Interface (BLCLI) is a Java-based CLI that allows you to perform many of the actions available in the TrueSight Server Automation Console by entering commands or running scripts. The CLI provides the following capabilities:
- Quickly typing commands to initiate actions, such as showing all running jobs or deploying patches to groups of servers. Many advanced users prefer a CLI over a point-and-click GUI.
- Automating complex multi-step tasks. For example, a script running CLI commands can add servers or populate the Depot with patches and other software---actions that would otherwise require numerous user interactions with the TrueSight Server Automation GUI.
- Bidirectionally integrating with other systems management and operations support systems. For example, using the CLI you can send compliance events to a monitoring console, use a trouble ticket to invoke an audit, or use an external event to initiate the full stack provisioning of a server, from OS to applications.
The video at right from BMC Communities provides an introduction to BLCLI.
The following topics describe how to use the TrueSight Server Automation Command Line Interface (BLCLI):
- Quick start for using BLCLI
- Using the CLI
- Jython and the JLI
- NSH performance commands
- Import and export concepts
- Granular import and export concepts
- Virtualization concepts
- OVF provisioning concepts
- BLCLI commands added, updated, or removed in recent versions
Additional reference information
For a list of possible BLCLI commands, use one of the following resources:
- Offline BLCLI reference
Download, unzip, and open the Home.html file.