Adding or editing a compliance rule
You can add a new compliance rule or edit an existing compliance rule, and change the order of compliance rules that you created.
To add or edit a compliance rule
Do the following:
- On the content editor, click the Compliance tab.
- If you want to add a compliance rule to a rule group, select that group in the Rules on Collected Parts section.
If you do not select a rule group, the new rule is added to the top level of the rule hierarchy.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a new compliance rule, click Add New Compliance Rule .
- To edit an existing compliance rule, select the rule and click Edit Selected Item
The Compliance Rule Editor panel opens. .
- Define (or edit) the compliance rule through the tabs that appear at the bottom of the Compliance Rule Editor panel, as described in the following sections:
- Click Save after you have finished defining the rule.
- Switch back to the component template editor and click Save to save the component template.
To change the order of compliance rules
You can change the order of compliance rules within a rule group. However, you cannot make the reordering changes to standalone rules (rules that do not belong to any rule group).
Do the following:
- Log in to the TrueSight Server Automation console.
- In the left pane, navigate to the required component template.
- Right-click the template and click Open.
- In the content editor, click the Compliance tab.
- Create a new rule group. For more information, see Adding a compliance rule group.
- Create or copy the compliance rules to the rule group. For more information, see Copying, cutting, and pasting a compliance rule.
- Select a rule and use the following icons to change its order within the group: Move Up ,Move Down , Move to Top, and Move to Bottom
- Save the template changes.