The topics in this section provide information about integrating TrueSight Server Automation with other BMC products and solutions. The following table provides a high-level description about the various products and solutions that can be integrated with TrueSight Server Automation and includes links to topics with detailed instructions.
Available integrations with other BMC products
- TrueSight Server Automation with BMC BladeLogic Server Configuration Discovery - BMC BladeLogic Server Configuration Discovery provides add-on content for the client tier of a TrueSight Server Automation system. It enable the discovery and management of third-party software applications in collaboration with BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping.
- BMC Remedy ITSM Change Management - You can integrate TrueSight Server Automation with BMC Remedy ITSM Change Management processes to enable tracking of infrastructure change actions.
BMC Atrium Service Context - TrueSight Server Automation supports BMC Atrium Service Context. The Service Context Summary window in BMC Atrium Explorer enables you to view the key attributes of a service. These attributes are extracted, collected, and compiled from compatible BMC applications running in your environment, including TrueSight Server Automation.
Integrating TrueSight Server Automation with BMC Remedy OnDemand - This integration enables you to update the configuration management database (CMDB).
TrueSight Server Automation Integration for CMDB - This integration enables you to share data about the endpoint computers in your TrueSight Server Automation system with the BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite of products. This integration uses the TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation interface to obtain data that TrueSight Server Automation acquired and it facilitates the integration of TrueSight Server Automation configuration data with the BMC Asset dataset in the BMC Atrium CMDB.
- TrueSight Orchestration - You can integrate the Workflow Jobs in TrueSight Server Automation with TrueSight Orchestration. This integration provides administrators many capabilities for connecting data center tasks and performing many other types of tasks.
BMC Release Lifecycle Management - BMC Release Lifecycle Management helps you to manage software release planning, release coordination, and application deployment automation. Coordinating the release process can involve both manual and automated steps. BMC Release Lifecycle Management integrates with TrueSight Server Automation’s agents to leverage your existing agent infrastructure, and the BMC Release Lifecycle Management steps can trigger automated jobs in the TrueSight Server Automation Application Server.
- TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation: This integration enables you to generate reports based on the TrueSight Server Automation data.
Compatibility with the integrated products
The following table provides the version compatibility between TrueSight Server Automation and the integrated products:
TrueSight Server Automation
|TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation||BMC Discovery||TrueSight Orchestration Content||TrueSight Orchestration||Remedy ITSM||BMC Remedy OnDemand|
Integrations with third party products
- Chef-solo - You can execute Chef cookbooks on TrueSight Server Automation targets by using the TrueSight Server Automation deployment capabilities and Chef-solo. This out of the box integration enables you to execute Chef cookbooks on the targets without having a Chef Server in your environment.