The client tier includes:
- A console, a graphical user interface (GUI) that:
- Gives system administrators a host of sophisticated tools for managing and automating data center procedures.
- Lets system administrators provision operating systems onto servers.
- A command line interface (BLCLI) that provides application programming interface (API)-level access to the functionality available through the console.
- A web interface to Portal if it is installed at your site.
- Network Shell for ad hoc administration of one or more servers. Network Shell is a network scripting language that enables cross-platform access through a command line interface.
- A web interface to BMC Decision Support for Server Automation or TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation .
- A web client for Live Reporting.
All client-tier applications let you manage servers on a variety of platforms:
- Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux, CentOS Linux, and Ubuntu)
- Oracle Solaris
- IBM AIX
- Microsoft Windows
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you