Customizing configuration files in the Presentation Server
To customize the configuration files
After installing the TrueSight Presentation Server, you can override some default settings by customizing the following TrueSight Presentation Server configuration files according to your environment:
For customization, the files are available in the %TRUESIGHTPSERVER_HOME%\truesightpserver\conf\custom directory. While customizing any of the files, ensure that you uncomment the properties that you want to customize. For example, the following property is commented out:
Uncomment the property and then customize it. For example:
- Do not customize any configuration files in the %TRUESIGHTPSERVER_HOME%\truesightpserver\conf\services directory.
- When you customize a property, make sure that you uncomment it. Customized properties that are commented out are not considered as enabled.
When you add a new configuration parameter, ensure that its configuration key starts with 501:
To enable the msp-deployment parameter in a multi-tenant Presentation Server environment
On a multi-tenant Presentation Server environment, you must enable the msp-deployment parameter. To enable, do the following:
Navigate to the folder based on the operating system on which you installed the TrueSight Presentation Server:
- (Windows) <Install_Directory>\truesightpserver\modules\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
- (Linux) <Install_Directory>/truesightpserver/modules/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes
- Open the rsso-agent.properties file.
- Uncomment the msp-deployment=true parameter and save.
Navigate to the folder.
- (Windows) < install_Directory>\truesightpserver\bin
- (Linux) < install_Directory>/truesightpserver/bin
- Run the following commands to restart the Presentation Server:
tssh server stop
tssh server start
- The msp -deployment=true parameter is commented by default after installing or upgrading a single tenant TrueSight Presentation Server.
- The msp -deployment=true parameter is enabled by default after upgrading an existing multi-tenant TrueSight Presentation Server.
- The msp -deployment=true parameter must be uncommented (enabled) after installing a multi-tenant TrueSight Presentation Server.