Data import options
The following data import options are available on the data configuration dialog box:
Option 1 – Import all data from Track-It! 11.4 (Recommended)
Select this option to migrate all data (Lookup and Module).
It consists of the following two steps:
Option 2 – Import only Lookup Data from Track-It! 11.4
Select this option to migrate all Lookup data only. This option does not import Module data.
It consists of the Configuration only migration step.
Option 3 – Import only Software License Management Data from Track-It! 11.4
Select this option to migrate all SLM data (Configuration and Module).
It consists of the SLM only migration step.
The Data Import Options check box is selected by default. If you clear this check box, Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3 are disabled.
This topic contains the following information:
Migrating all data from Track-It! 11.4
Step 1 - Full Data Import
This is the default step. This step purges all existing data (except the data given in Note) from the Track-It! 2022 or later database and imports the following data from Track-It! 11.4:
- Lookup data (status codes, priorities, publishers, license types, license sources, and others)
- Module data (tickets, change requests, software titles, software licenses, and others)
Do not modify asset, user, or configuration data in Track-It! 11.4 after you have performed this step. If you modify the data, it causes errors when you perform Module Data Refresh.
You can go live with Track-It! 2022 or later after performing this step. However, we recommend that after performing this step, you learn about the Track-It! 2022 or later system, train users, modify settings and configurations, and perform other similar tasks before going live.
Step 2 (optional) - Module Data Refresh
You should run this step after running Step 1. This step performs the following actions in the given sequence:
- Purges the existing Module data (for example, Tickets, Change Requests, Purchase Orders, Software License Attachments) from Track-It! 2022 or later database, but preserves the Lookup data (for example, Business Rules, AD Settings, Email Settings) that is already configured
- Reimports all Module data from Track-It! 11.4
This step should be the last action before you go live with Track-It! 2022 or later.
- You must perform this step after you have successfully completed Full Data Import. We recommend that you perform this step after you have learned about the Track-It! 2022 or later system.
- If you select this step while migrating data for the first time, the Module data is migrated without linkages with configuration data. This might cause a failed import or unwanted data behavior.
When you select a step from Option 1, the Advanced Options section becomes enabled. You must specify the data you want to migrate from each module under Advanced Options as follows:
If you have migrated Assets earlier, then the Assets module is disabled during the next migration.
|Asset Tracked Items|
Asset Attachments (2020 Release 01)
(2020 Release 02) If you did not migrate asset attachments in an earlier migration run, you can migrate them in the subsequent migration run and their linkages are maintained correctly.
|Software License Management (2022 Release 01)|
Configuration only migration
This step purges all existing data (except all the SLM data and the data given in Note) in Track-It! 2022 or later and then imports all Lookup data (including the SLM Lookup data) from Track-It! 11.4. This option does not import Module data.
SLM only migration
This option imports only the SLM module and configuration data from Track-It! 11.4.
When you select Option 3, the Advanced Options section becomes enabled. You must specify the data you want to migrate under Advanced Options as follows:
|Software License Management|