Creating a list of master items
You can create and manage a list of master items for your organization. Master items are common items that technicians can use while adding purchase items to their purchase orders. For each master item you can specify:
- Master Item Information
- Product Name
- Product Type
- Part Number
- Vendor Information
- Vendor name
- Maintenance Vendor
- Support Information
- Support type
- Contact name
You can also specify custom fields that enable you to specify customized text, integers, or dates for a master item.
To create a list of master items
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Purchasing.
- Click Master Items. Track-It! displays the Master Items module controls and the list of master items.
Click New. The New Master Item dialog box is displayed.
In the Master Item Information section, enter the following details:
(Required) From the drop-down box, select the product type. To add product types, see Defining asset types. Part Number Enter the part number associated with the master item. Price Enter the price for the master item. Version Enter the version of the master item. Manufacturer Enter the name of the manufacturer.
(Optional) In the Vendor Information field, select the vendor from the drop-down box.
- (Optional) In the Support Information section, enter details for the warranty or contact.
(2022 Release 01) (Optional) In the Software Title Information section, click the drop-down arrow to open the Software Titles dialog box. Select the software title from the list and click OK.
Linking a software title with a software master item allows you to create licenses for the software title when you receive the purchase item and records the details in the Purchasing module.
- If you do not have permission to work in the Software Title module, then all the fields in the Software Title Information section are disabled.
- When you link a software title to the master item, the master item information is displayed in the Details section of the software title. The master item information includes Product Name, Manufacturer, Product Type, Part Number, Version, Vendor, and Comments.
- (Optional) In the Custom Fields, enter text or integers as needed.
When finished, click Save.
Track-It! saves the details for the master item and returns to the master items list.