You can schedule reports to run automatically and send them in email to specified users. Reports help stakeholders to solve important business needs and make informed decisions.
For example, you can create a schedule to send the Open Tickets by Priority report in an email message to a supervisor every Monday. This information helps the supervisor make staffing decisions based on the team efficiency.
You must have system administrator permissions for scheduling the reports.
The following topics are provided:
Key features and considerations
- You can configure multiple report schedules.
- You can only schedule reports that don't require any parameters.
- Report Schedule ignores the holidays and work schedules.
- Only users with System Administrator permissions can manage the report schedules.
- Scheduled reports are sent as a PDF only.
Creating a report schedule
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Application Settings > Report Schedules.
- On the Report Schedule page, click New.
- In the New Report Schedule dialog box, in the Report list, select a report.
Only reports that do not have any parameters are displayed here.
- In the Start Date field, select a date to schedule the report.
The schedule becomes effective from the selected date. If the date is set to the future, the schedule comes into effect only from that day onward. Do not select a past date.
In the To field, enter the email address of the user to whom you want to send the report.
Email addresses must be separated by a comma (,).
- (Optional) In the CC and BCC fields, enter the appropriate email addresses.
- In the Subject field, enter an appropriate subject.
- In the Body field, enter an email message.
- In the Recurrence Pattern field, select a pattern according to your requirements.
- (Optional) To disable a schedule, select the Mark as Inactive check box.
- Click Save.
Editing or deleting a report schedule
- Navigate to the Reports Schedule page (hamburger menu > Configuration > Application Settings > Report Schedules).
On the Reports Schedule page, perform one of the following actions:
To edit a report schedule
- Select a report schedule and click Edit .
- In the Edit Report Schedule dialog box, edit the required fields and click Save.
To delete a report schedule
- Select a report schedule and click Delete .
- In the Delete Record dialog box, click Yes.