Preparing for installation
This topic contains the following information:
Overview of the installation process
The following video (15:08) provides an overview of the installation process:
The following considerations apply:
- While installing the Microsoft SQL Server, ensure that you enable the full text search, which is also a check performed by the Track-It! installer. If it is not enabled, you might need to run the SQL Server installer again to enable the feature.
- When installing Track-It! in Standard mode, if you select the Download and install Microsoft SQL Express 2012 with Advanced Services option, it enables the full text search feature by default. If you use an existing SQL Server, you can use it to install Track-It!, but ensure that the full text search feature is enabled for the server.
- When you install in Evaluation mode, the SQL Server Express 2012 with Advanced Services is also installed.
- BMC Client Management (BCM) is installed in English language only.
- By default, the out-of-the-box device groups of BCM are not installed with Track-It!. However, you can import the groups from the BCM installation directory ( >/Master/data/Visoin64database/outofbox/) that is created on the application server on which you are installing Track-It!.
- BMC recommends that you link Track-It! to a single BCM server. If you link Track-It! to multiple servers, it might lead to duplicate BCM Asset IDs and the existing records might be overwritten.
- You can install BCM master only if there are no BCM agents installed on the server.
- The Track-It! Application Server and Track-It! Database Server are required to be in the same timezone.
Before you begin
The following table provides information about prerequisites for installing Track-It!. To avoid issues during installation, address the prerequisites in the order listed:
|1||Ensure that your system meets the minimal hardware and software requirements.||System requirements|
Enable the following features for your Internet Information Service (IIS) 7.0 and later:
|3||Configure your SMTP services.||NA|
Configure .Net Framework version 4.5.1 and later.
If you are using a Windows Server 2012 R2, you must set up .Net Framework 3.5 from your OS media.
|5||Understand the installation modes|
Log in or register to comment.