Overview of the Track-It! Mobile App
The Track-It! Mobile App assists help desk personnel in providing quality service to their internal and external customers.
The mobile application provides helpdesk technicians access to Track-It! to review assigned requests, submit requests, and update requests. This also enables technicians to search through the knowledge base to find out solutions for issues being reported.
The Track-It! Mobile App supports limited functionality for the following Track-It! modules:
The following considerations apply:
- You can use the Track-It! Mobile App to start a Track-It! session on your mobile device.
- You can start a Mobile App session while you are simultaneously logged into another Track-It! session from a technician portal. Note that when you start a new Track-It! session, whether Mobile or Help Desk, the new session overwrites any other session that is open.
- If your Track-It! server is private, your mobile device must be connected to your enterprise network. For more information, see Using the Track-It! Mobile App outside the organization network.
- You need to know your Track-It! server URL to use the Mobile App.
- You need to apply a Barcode license to use the Scan Asset feature and barcode reader in the Mobile App Asset module.
- After you login to a Track-It! Mobile App session on your mobile device, you do not need to re-enter your Track-It! Server URL again. Until you logout, you can close and reopen the app whenever you need to use the Track-It! Mobile App functions.
After one hour of inactivity, your Mobile App session is invalidated, but your session is not logged out and you cannot access Track-It! from another device.
You must logout from your Mobile App session to use your Track-It! login from another device.
Track-It! Mobile App requirements
Track-It! Mobile App requires one of the following operating systems:
- Android, version 7.0 Nougat or later
- iOS, version 8 or later
Using the Track-It! Mobile App outside the organization network
You can use the Track-It! Mobile App outside the network of your organization by using one of the following methods:
|WiFi||If you have a WiFi network that has access to the Track-It! server, connect your mobile device to this WiFi network to use the Track-It! Mobile App.|
|DMZ||You must configure your network and the Track-It! server so that the Track-It! server is within the DMZ of your organization and is accessible through the internet. Then, connect your mobile device to a WiFi network or mobile cellular data to use the Track-It! Mobile App.|
|VPN||You can install a VPN software on your mobile device to connect to the network of your organization. Then, connect your mobile device to a WiFi network or mobile cellular data to use the Track-It! Mobile App.|
Track-It! Mobile App updates
The following considerations apply to updating the Mobile App on a device:
For Android devices, the Track-It! Mobile App update is supported and available only for Android versions 7.0 Nougat or later.
For iOS devices, the Track-It! Mobile App does not support secure communication with Web APIs using self-signed certificate.
BMC recommends using SSL certificates issued by Trusted Certificate Authority (CA) to ensure secure transactions through the Web and Mobile application. Self-Signed certificates do not provide adequate security and are not approved by mobile platforms.