Defining credentials to deploy an agent on assets
To define credentials to deploy an agent on assets
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Asset Management and select Agent Configuration.
- To automatically allow Track-It! to deploy an agent after an asset is discovered, select the Automatically install agents on discovered devices check box.
- On the Agent Configuration page, click New.
In the Account Credentials window, enter the credential details.
Field Description Name Specify a unique name to identify the credential set. User name Enter the administrator user name. Password Enter the administrator password.
- To edit an existing account credential, select the account, and click Edit .
- To delete an existing account credentials, select the account and click Delete .
- Click Save.
The Agent Configuration page displays the list of account credentials that are used by BMC Client Management to audit assets and remotely control assets.
To deploy an agent from Track-It! manually (2020 Release 02)
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Asset Management.
- Select the asset from the list to be deployed.
- Click Actions
The agent is deployed on the asset first, and then the asset is audited. and select Audit Now.