Data import options
The following data import options are available on the data configuration dialog box:
Option 1 – Import all data from Track-It! 11.4 (Recommended)
Select this option to migrate all data (Lookup and Module).
It consists of the following two steps:
Option 2 – Import only Lookup Data from Track-It! 11.4
Select this option to migrate all Lookup data only. This option does not import Module data.
It consists of the Configuration only migration step.
The Data Import Options check box is selected by default. If you clear this check box, both Option 1 and Option 2 are disabled.
This topic contains the following information:
Step 1 - Full Data Import
This is the default step. This step purges all existing data (except the data given in Note) from the Track-It! 2020 database and imports the following data from Track-It! 11.4:
Do not modify asset, user, or configuration data in Track-It! 11.4 after you have performed this step. If you modify the data, it causes errors when you perform Module Data Refresh.
You can go live with Track-It! 2020 after performing this step. However, we recommend that after performing this step, you learn about the Track-It! 2020 system, train users, modify settings and configurations, and perform other similar tasks before going live.
- Lookup data (status codes, priorities, and others)
- Module data (tickets, change requests, and others)
Step 2 (optional) - Module Data Refresh
You should run this step after running Step 1. This step performs the following actions in the given sequence:
- Purges the existing Module data (for example, Tickets, Change Requests, Purchase Orders) from Track-It! 2020 database, but preserves the Lookup data (for example, Business Rules, AD Settings, Email Settings) that is already configured
- Reimports all Module data from Track-It! 11.4
This step should be the last action before you go live with Track-It! 2020.
- You must perform this step after you have successfully completed Full Data Import. We recommend that you perform this step after you have learned about the Track-It! 2020 system.
- If you select this step while migrating data for the first time, the Module data is migrated without linkages with configuration data. This might cause a failed import or unwanted data behavior.
When you select a step from Option 1, the Advanced Options section becomes enabled. You must specify the data you want to migrate from each module under Advanced Options as follows:
If you have migrated Assets earlier, then the Assets module is disabled during the next migration.
|Asset Tracked Items|
Asset Attachments (2020 Release 01)
(2020 Release 02) If you did not migrate asset attachments in an earlier migration run, you can migrate them in the subsequent migration run and their linkages are maintained correctly.
Configuration only migration
This step purges all existing data (except the data given in Note) in Track-It! 2020 and then imports all Lookup data from Track-It! 11.4. This option does not import Module data.