Creating, editing, or deleting a priority
This topic describes how to create, edit, or delete a priority.
To create a priority
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Lookups > Priorities.
- On the Priorities page, click New.
- In the New Priority dialog box, in the Priority Name field, enter an appropriate priority name.
- In the Description field, enter description about the new priority.
- Click the Time Zone list.
- In the Select Time Zone dialog box, select a time zone and click OK.
- Click the Work Schedules list.
- In the Select from Work Schedules dialog box, select a work schedule and click OK.
- (Optional) Based on your requirement, select the Adjust due date based on the assigned technician's schedule check box.
- (Optional) To prevent users from applying this priority to a record, select the Mark as Inactive check box.
To define the ticket defaults, in the Ticket Defaults section, enter the appropriate values in days:hh:mm:ss format for the following fields:
Field Description Expected Due Duration The time by which the record with the selected priority must be resolved. Expected Fix Duration The time that the record with the selected priority requires to be fixed. Expected Response Duration The time by which a response to the record with the selected priority must be sent.
The due date of a ticket is calculated based on the client's time zone and the technician’s work schedule.
Best practiceAlthough it is not mandatory, BMC recommends that you add values for the ticket default fields.
- Click Save.
Editing or deleting a priority
- Navigate to the Priorities page (hamburger menu > Configuration > Lookups > Priorities).
On the Priorities page, perform one of the following actions:
Action Steps To edit the priority
- Select the priority you want to modify and then click Edit .
- In the Priority: priorityName dialog box, edit the required fields.
- Click Save.
To delete the priority
- Select the priority you want to delete and then click Delete .
- In the Delete Record dialog box, click Yes.