Creating, editing, or deleting a category
This topic describes how to create, edit, or delete a category.
To create a category
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Lookups > Categories.
- On the Categories page, click New.
- In the New Category dialog box, in the Category Name field, enter a name.
- To assign a priority to the new category, select an option from the Priority list.
- To assign a parent category to the new category, select an option from the Parent Category list.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the category.
- (Optional) To enable requestors to use the category to create a record in Self Service, select the Display in Self Service check box.
- (Optional) To prevent users from using the category, select the Mark as Inactive check box.
- (Optional) To assign support specialists for the category, see Configuring support specialists.
- Click Save.
To edit or delete a category
- Navigate to the Categories page (hamburger menu > Configuration > Lookups > Categories).
On the Categories page, perform one of the following actions:
Action Steps To edit the category
- Select a category that you want to modify and click Edit .
- In the Category: categoryName dialog box, edit the required fields.
- (Optional) To assign or remove support specialists for the category, see Configuring support specialists.
- Click Save.
To delete the category
- Select a category that you want to delete, and click Delete .
- In the Delete Record dialog box, click Yes.