Configuring values for a Help Desk lookup field
Track-It! provides eight custom lookup fields each for tickets and assignments. You can use the lookup fields to customize the Ticket or Assignment form. Before you can use the lookup fields to customize a form, you must configure the values that you want displayed in the lookup field. For example, you want to add a lookup field that allows users to choose a preferred laptop model. In this case, you must add all the laptop model numbers as values for the lookup field before adding the laptop lookup field to the Ticket form.
You can only customize the field label of a Help Desk lookup field after you add the field to a custom form. For more information, see Customizing forms for groups.
To configure values for a Help Desk lookup field
On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu , and select Configuration.
Click Lookups and then from Help Desk Lookups list, select a field for which you want to add the values.
- On the Ticket Lookup page, click New.
- In the New Ticket Lookup dialog box, enter a value for the lookup field.
The lookup field value must not contain the following characters:
- (Optional) If you want to designate the value as the default value for the lookup field, select the Default check box.
- Click Save.
- To add more values for the lookup field, repeat step 3 through 6.
- (Optional) To edit a lookup value, from the list, select a value, and click Edit .
- (Optional) To delete a lookup value, from the list, select a value, and click Delete .