Configuring Self Service modules
Track-It! enables you customize the modules that are displayed in Self Service. For example, if you only want to enable users to create tickets but do not want to maintain a database of solutions, you can enable the Create Tickets module and hide the Solutions module. You can also customize the fields that are displayed for the Create Tickets and the View Tickets modules.
In Self Service, you can share external links such as link to your organization's intranet or a link to an external database of solutions. You can configure these URLs as custom links for users.
You must have the system administrator permission to perform the task in this topic.
This section provides information about customizing the modules, fields, and custom links for Self Service in Track-It!.
To configure Self Service modules
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Select Self Service Configuration >Self Service Settings >Appearance Settings.
On the Options tab, select an appropriate permission for each module:
- New Tickets
- View Tickets
To allow requestors to update their profile details, select the Display and Edit permission for the Profile module.
- On the Fields tab, perform the following actions:
- Select an option from the drop-down to show/hide fields or mark fields as required.
- Specify which fields are visible or required as needed.
- On the Custom Links tab, perform the following actions:
- Click Add .
- In the URL field, enter an appropriate value.
- In the URL Display Text field, enter the text to display in Self Service.
- (Optional) To delete a custom link, click Delete .
- Click Save.