Applying a license file
After you obtain a Track-It! license, you can upload and apply the license file that has the extension .licx. To ensure that the new license is applied consistently across all services, you must restart all Track-It! services including the Microsoft IIS. For more information about the Track-It! licenses, see Licenses. Technicians with the system administrator permissions can apply a new license.
An existing license for any previous version of Track-It! does not work with newer version of Track-It!. You must contact to acquire a new license file. For information about how to contact , see Support information.
On the License Update page, you can view:
- The features that are included in your license, in the License Details section.
- The real time consumption of your existing licenses in Track-It! by clicking Refresh in the License Usage section.
Applying a Track-It! license file
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration. ,
- Click Application Settings > Product Updates > License Update.
- On the License Update page, click Apply new license file.
- In the Upload New License File dialog box, click Browse to locate the license file, and then click Open.
- Click Upload.
- In the Warning dialog box, click OK.
If all the named licenses assigned to technicians are consumed because of overallocation of licenses through the License Update page, then technicians with a named license cannot log in to Track-It!. If a technician with a named license tries to log in, then the following error message is displayed on the Track-It! login screen:
Unable to log on. There are more named license users than the system is licensed for. Contact your Track-It! administrator.
- (2020 Release 03) If all the named licenses assigned to technicians are consumed because of overallocation of licenses through the License Update page, then only system administrators with a named license can log in to Track-It! provided that they unassign an appropriate number of named licenses after logging in. For more information, see Managing named licenses in Track-It! (2020 Release 03).
Applying a BMC Client Management license file
Use one of the following procedures to apply the BMC Client Management license file so that Track-It! can be authorized to use BMC Client Management services that discover, synchronize and audit assets.
To apply the BMC Client Management license file manually
- Stop the BMC Client Management master service.
- Copy and move the host.xml (<install>\Client Management\Master\data\Vision64Database\license) file to a different location.
- Copy the new BMC Client Management license file to the <install>\Client Management\Master\data\Vision64Database\license folder on the BMC Client Management master server.
- Start the master service to reflect new license parameters.
To apply the BMC Client Management license file from the BMC Client Management console
Follow this procedure if you have access to the BMC Client Management instance.
- Log on to the BMC Client Management console.
- On the BMC Client Management console, go to Global Settings, and click Licenses.
- From About License list, click Import a new license.
- Select the appropriate license file and click Open to apply the BMC Client Management license file.
Un-registering and retiring a mobile device from a barcode license
You can release a Barcode license for a registered mobile device by using the Unregister button located on the Scan Asset Tag screen. Use the following procedure to un-register and retire a mobile device that has consumed a barcode license.
If you un-register a barcode license from a mobile device, you cannot re-register that mobile device for a barcode license at a later time.
- From the mobile device that you want to un-register, select hamburger menu > Asset.
- Tap Scan Asset.
The Scan Asset Tag screen displays the view from your mobile device camera.
- Tap Unregister, and when prompted to un-register and retire this device, select OK.
The Device unregistered successfully message displays.