The section provides information about the prerequisites and process for upgrading to a later version of Track-It!
The existing BMC Client Management instance is not upgraded when you upgrade Track-It!. If you need to update BCM, you can download the latest BCM update and install it on your BCM server by using the Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) facility. For more information, see Downloading the installation files.
- BMC recommends that you create a backup set of the database of your current Track-It! version before upgrading.
- Ensure that no users are using the Track-It! application during the upgrade. The Track-It! application setup will ask you to terminate any active user sessions.
Before you begin
The following upgrade paths are supported for Track-It!, version 20.19.03:
20.18.03(RTM Build) To 20.19.03(RTM Build)
20.19.01(RTM Build) To 20.19.03(RTM Build)
20.19.02(RTM Build) To 20.19.03(RTM Build)
For more information, see 20.19.xx and 20.18.xx features.
To perform an upgrade
- As an administrator, log on to the system where you want to upgrade Track-It!
- Click here to download the installer file to a preferred location.
- Double-click the installer to extract the setup files.
By default, the extraction location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Track-It! <version number> Setup.
- On the Track-It! versionNumber Setup page, click Next.
- To begin the upgrade, in the Track-It! dialog box, click Yes.
- (Optional) Choose the language in which the earlier version of Track-It! was installed.
- On the Welcome to the setup wizard for Track-It! page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, click Yes.
- On the Select Components page, select the appropriate check boxes, and click Next:
- Select the Upgrade Application Server check box.
- By default, the Install BMC Client Management for Asset Management check box is selected.
If you do not want to install BMC Client Management, ensure that you clear the check box. If you have already installed BMC Client Management, the check box is disabled.
- Select the Upgrade a Track-It! database check box.
- If the Install BMC Client Management for Asset Management check box is selected, on the Select License File page, upload a license file or select the Use temporary license file check box to use a trial license that is valid for 30 days.
- If the database information is not populated automatically, on the SQL Server Database Information page, perform the following actions:
- In Server field, enter your server name.
- In the Database field, enter your database name.
- To enable the server to dynamically select a port, select the Dynamically determine port check box.
- (Optional) Clear the Dynamically determine port check box, and in the Port Number field, enter a custom port value.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) If the setup determines any users are using the Track-It! application, to terminate the user session, click Yes.
- (Optional) If you created a backup set of your current database of Track-It!, click Yes.
- On the SQL Server Administrator Login page, enter the administrative login credentials for the database and click Next.
- On the Administrator User Information page, complete the fields and click Next.
On the Start Copying Files page, review your settings and click Next to start the upgrade process.
The upgrade process might take some time.
After Track-It! is upgraded successfully, you must restart your server and clear the browser cache. Also, after you upgrade to version 2018.03.xx, you must apply the required licenses. For more information, see Applying a license file.