Scheduling recurring tickets
If you have tickets that must be created periodically, you can configure a schedule to create these tickets automatically. You can create a template based on which the ticket is created automatically at a specified time. For more information, see Creating and managing form templates.
For example, every month you must replace ink cartridges for printers. You can configure a schedule to create a ticket on the first of each month. This saves the time spent on creating the same ticket manually. The start date of a ticket schedule is based on the application server time zone. Any error generated for a ticket schedule is recorded in the ServiceManagement log file.
You must have system administrator permissions for scheduling the recurring tickets.
To configure a schedule for a recurring ticket
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Application Settings > Scheduled Tickets.
- On the Scheduled Tickets page, click New.
- In the New Scheduled Ticket dialog box, from the Ticket Template list, select a template.
- In the Start Date field, select a date to schedule the recurring ticket.
The schedule becomes effective from the selected date. If the date is set in the future, the schedule comes into effect only from that day onward. Do not select a past date.
- In the Recurrence Pattern field, select a pattern according to your requirements.
- (Optional) To disable a scheduled ticket, select the Mark as Inactive check box.
- Click Save.
Editing or deleting a scheduled ticket
- Navigate to the Scheduled Tickets page (hamburger menu > Configuration > Application Settings > Scheduled Tickets).
On the Scheduled Tickets page, perform one of the following actions:
To edit a scheduled ticket
- Select a scheduled ticket and click Edit .
- In the Edit Scheduled Ticket dialog box, edit the required fields and click Save.
Note: If you edit a ticket schedule, the existing tickets are not impacted. Only the tickets created after editing the schedule are impacted.
To delete a scheduled ticket
- Select a scheduled ticket and click Delete .
- In the Delete Scheduled Ticket dialog box, click Yes.