Designing and generating reports
Track-It! provides a range of predefined reports that provide quick access to information. Based on your requirements, you can also create and design custom reports. If your system administrator has given you access to the Reports module, you can design and generate reports. Track-It! is integrated with DevExpress version 188.8.131.52, a third party tool to provide seamless reporting. You can use the reporting functionality from within a web browser. The Reports module is packaged with the Track-It! application and does not require additional installation.
The following topics are provided:
Benefits of reports
Reports help you solve important business needs and help you make informed decisions. You can use reports to:
- Keep track of your SLAs, milestones, and work targets.
- Keep track of the response and resolution time of tickets and assignments.
- Streamline processes to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Improve benchmarks and performance based on historic data.
- Generate reports from different time periods to measure performance.
- Plan future strategies and policies.
Types of reports
The following table provides information about the types of reports that are available:
|Help Desk||Creates reports for the Tickets and Assignments modules.|
|Solution||Creates reports for the Solution module.|
|Purchasing||Creates reports for the Purchasing and Vendor modules.|
|Asset Management||Creates reports for the Asset module.|
|Change Management||Creates reports for the Change Request module.|
Creates reports that use various configurations.
Note: This report type is available only if you have the system administrator permissions.
Displays the default report by using the Print Customizing forms for groups.option on the respective module forms. You can assign a default report for each module while customizing the default form for the module. For more information, see
Key features and considerations
- You can print a report, save it as PDF, or export the report in various formats such as XLS, CSV, HTML, and so on.
- You can edit fields in the report by using the Properties panel. When you click a field in the report, it shows you the details on the Properties panel.
For example, you can select the Ticket ID field, on the Data Binding page, and specify the field you want to associate with it. If you use the report wizard, it automatically associates the Ticket ID field with the Ticket Source.
- After you select a report on the report grid, the relevant toolbar options are enabled.
For example, the Edit and Delete buttons are enabled after you select a user-generated report. However, these buttons are disabled for an out-of-the-box report.
- The report designer enables you to use the Calculated fields to generate a report.
- You can use the advanced features in the report designer to customize your reports. For more information, download and install the DevExpress documentation.
Creating a report
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Reports.
- On the Reports page, click New.
- In the New Report dialog box, in the Report Title field, enter a name for the report.
- (Optional) In the Report Description field, enter a suitable description about the report.
- From the Data Source list, select the source of the report.
The Data Source list shows all the relevant data sources for the selected report type. In this field, you can select multiple data sources.
For example, if you select the report type as Help Desk, you can select the report data source as Ticket or Assignment or Ticket and Assignment.
You cannot select multiple data sources for the Print Preview reports.
Click Design Report.
For new reports, this button first saves the report and then launches the Report Designer. The Report Designer has the following components:View descriptions of the Report Designer components.
Component Description Hamburger Menu Enables you to design the report by using the Report Designer Wizard and save the designed report. Horizontal ToolbarProvides the following functions:
- Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete- Undo/Redo- Zoom Out/Zoom percentage selector/Zoom in- Preview- Scripts
Bands Shows all the bands such as the Report Header band, Group Header band, Detail band, Data band, and so on. Design Surface Enables you to add the required controls and fields on the Design Surface that you want to display in the report. Preview Shows a preview of the current design of the report. Scripts Enables you to add user scripts to use advanced options. Save Saves the report but keeps the designer open in edit mode. Vertical Toolbar
Contains all the controls that you can drag to the report designer.
Properties Panel Shows the properties of the selected item in the report to customize your report. Field List Displays all the data sources currently populated in the report. You can drag the fields from the Field List to the designer. It lists the parameters used in the report. Based on your requirements, you can also create additional parameters. Report Explorer Enables you to create styles and formatting rules for the report.
- In the Report Designer (New: reportName) dialog box, expand the hamburger menu and select Run Wizard.
- In the Report Wizard, select a preferred view for your report and click Next.
Based on the view that you select, the available columns for the report are determined.
- To select columns to display in your report, from the Available fields pane, select fields and move them to the Selected fields pane, and click Next.
- (Optional) To create field groups, from the Available fields pane, select fields and move them to the Groups pane and click Next.
- You can create multiple groups, each with a single field value, or define several fields in the same group.
- If you do not want a group report, click Next.
- To choose summary options, select the required check boxes, and click Next.
- To choose a Report Layout, select Portrait or Landscape.
The report layout specifies the manner in which selected fields are arranged on report pages.
- (Optional) To ensure that the fields are displayed on single page in the report, select the Adjust the field width so all fields fit onto a page check box, and click Next.
- To customize the appearance of the report, select a preferred report style, and click Next.
- On the Report is Complete page, in the Specify the report's title field, enter a report title, and click Finish.
- Click the hamburger menu
You can use the advanced options to further customize the report. For more information, download and install the DevExpress documentation. , and then select Save.
- Expand the hamburger menu , and select Save and Close.
Generating a report
- Navigate to the Reports page (hamburger menu > Reports).
Click the report type that you want to generate such as Help Desk.
- From the list of reports, click the report that you want to generate.
- On the PREVIEW PARAMETERS
You can also generate reports that do not require any parameters. When generating a report, if you specify an invalid date range parameter, a report is still generated.
For example, if you set FromDueDate and ToDueDate both as 2017-06-21, 00:00:00, a report is generated for this invalid date range. tab, specify the required parameters for the report.
- Click Submit.
- (Optional) To customize the export settings, click Export Options and configure the preferred settings.
- (Optional) To export the report, from Export To menu, select a preferred export option.
Editing, copying, or deleting a report
- Navigate to the Reports page (hamburger menu > Reports).
On the Reports page, select a report and perform one of the following actions:
To edit a report
- Click Edit .
- In the Edit Report dialog box, edit the required fields and click Save.
- Expand the hamburger menu and select Save and Close.
Note: You cannot modify the Data Sources of a report.
To copy a report
- Click More Actions .
- Select Copy.
A copy of the report with the same name and appended with (Copy) at the end is displayed in an edit mode. You can further customize the report.
To delete a report
- In the Reports workspace, select a report schedule and click Delete .
- In the Delete Record dialog box, click Yes.
To import a report
- Click More Actions
- Select Import.
- Click Browse, and then select any report file with the .trpt extension.
- Enter a unique name for the report, and then click Import.
Track-It! imports the report to the appropriate module and saves it with the name you entered.
Example: If you import a Categories report that was exported from the Administration pod, the Categories report is imported into the Administration pod.
To export a report
- From the list of reports, highlight the report you want to export.
- Click More Actions
Track-It! exports the report to the browser with the .trpt extension. and then select Export.