Creating and managing departments
Departments help you classify the requestor organization data based on specific activities. Track-It! allows you to create departments, which makes it easy to segregate tickets based on requestor departments.
For example, you can create departments such as IT, Facilities, Human Resources, and Finance to segregate requestors.
You must have the system administrator permission to create and manage departments.
The following topics are provided:
- Based on the organization's business requirements, you can configure the department details and location for a department. Although requestors can view the department and location information in Self Service, they cannot update them.
- Based on the department of a requestor, you can define priorities and processes that are used to configure business rules and service level agreements (SLAs).
- On the Departments page, you can sort the list of departments by Department Name, Location, Priority, and Department Phone No columns. You can also search for a department by department name. While searching, ensure that you enter at least the first two characters of a department name in the search box.
- Using Priority hierarchy, you can set an order of precedence for the Category, Requestor, Location, and Department modules. Based on the priority hierarchy that is configured for a group, a record is assigned a priority. For more information, see Defining Priority Hierarchy.
Creating a department
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Application Settings > Departments.
- On the Departments page, click New.
- In the New Department dialog box, in the Department Information section, perform the following actions:
- In the Department Name field, enter a name for the new department.
- (Optional) To assign a priority for this department, from the Priority list, select a priority.
- (Optional) In the Department Phone field, enter a phone number for the department.
- (Optional) In the Alternate Phone field, enter an additional phone number.
- (Optional) In the Manager Details section, you can populate the manager name by selecting either the first name or the last name.
- Click the First Name or Last Name list.
- In the Select from Request dialog box, select a requester name and click Save.
After you select a requestor, the Last Name, Manager ID, and Manager Phone field values are populated automatically.
- (Optional) In the Department Location Details section, perform the following actions:
- Click the Location list.
- In the Select From Locations dialog box, select a location name and click OK.
- Click Save.
Editing or deleting a department
- Navigate to the Departments page (hamburger menu > Configuration > Application Settings > Departments).
On the Departments page, perform one of the following actions:
To edit the department
- Select a department that you want to edit and click Edit .
- In the Department: departmentName dialog box, edit the required fields.
- Click Save.
To delete the department
- Select a department that you want to delete and click Delete .
- In the Delete Record dialog box, click Yes.