Reporting issues in Self Service
You can create a ticket using the New Ticket form or Common Requests option. Based on the configurations set by your system administrator, you see the Common Requests button while creating a new ticket. You can also update ticket by adding a note or an attachment, track your ticket status, or cancel you ticket.
The following topics are provided:
Creating a ticket
You can create a new ticket by entering details on the New Ticket form or selecting an option from the list of common requests.
- On the Self Service Home page, click Create New Ticket.
- In the Summary field, enter a brief description of the issue.
- In the Note field, enter details about the issue.
- In the Callback Number field, enter a number on which the technician can contact you.
- From the Priority list, select an appropriate priority for the issue.
- From the Category list, select a category for of the issue.
- (Optional) If you want to attach a file, click Browse.
The attachment size must not exceed 29 MB.
- Click Submit Ticket.
Updating a ticket
- On the Self Service Home page, click My Tickets.
- From the list of tickets logged by you, click the ticket you want to update.
- In the Notes section, enter a brief note and click Add Note.
- To add an attachment to the ticket, in the Attachments section, click Add Attachment.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click Browse.
- Navigate to the location of the attachment that you want to upload.
- Click OK.
- (Optional) To cancel the ticket, click Cancel Ticket.
Based on the configurations by the system administrator, it might be mandatory to add a note to state the reason for cancelling the ticket.