Creating and managing locations
Track-It allows you to maintain the location and address details of requestors and departments. You can also add contact information for a location and assign a priority to it. You can configure multiple locations based on the database of requestors and departments. You must have system administrator permissions to manage locations.
The following topics are provided:
- While creating a ticket, if the Location field is enabled and a requestor selects a location, the Contact Information and Address Information fields are automatically populated on the Ticket form in Self Service.
- The data in the Location field of a ticket shows the location of the department and not of the requester. Although requestors can view the department and location information in Self Service, they cannot update it.
- You can configure SLAs and business rules that are specific to locations.
- On the Locations page, you can sort the list of locations by Location Name, Priority, Contact Person, and Location Phone columns.
- Using Priority hierarchy, you can set an order of precedence for the Category, Requestor, Location, and Department modules. Based on the priority hierarchy that is configured for a group, a record is assigned a priority. For more information, see Defining Priority Hierarchy.
Creating a location
- On the header bar, expand the hamburger menu and select Configuration.
- Click Application Settings > Location.
- On the Locations page, click New.
- In the New Location dialog box, in the Location Information section, perform the following actions:
- In the Location Name field, enter a name for the new location.
- (Optional) To assign a priority to this location, in the Priority list, select a priority.
- (Optional) In the Location Phone field, enter a phone number for the location.
- In the Alternate Phone field, enter an additional phone number.
- (Optional) In the Contact Information section, perform the following actions:
- In the Contact Person field, enter name of a contact person for this location.
- In the Phone field, enter a phone number of the contact person.
- (Optional) In the Address Information section, perform the following actions:
- In the Address field, enter an address for this location .
- In the City/Province field, enter name of the city or province.
- In the State/Territory field, enter name of the state or territory.
- Click the Country list.
- In the Select Country dialog box, select a country and click OK.
- In the Postal Code field, enter postal code for the location.
- Click Save.
Editing or deleting a location
- Navigate to the Locations page (hamburger menu > Configuration > Application Settings > Locations).
On the Locations page, perform one of the following actions:
To edit the location
- Select a location that you want to edit and click Edit .
- In the Location: locationName dialog box, edit the required fields.
- Click Save.
To delete the location
- Select a location that you want to delete and click Delete .
- In the Delete Record dialog box, click Yes.