Approving or rejecting change requests
Based on the settings and permissions defined by the system administrators, you might be configured as an approver in the change approval process. If you are an approver for an active change request, you must approve or reject your change approval for it to progress to the next stage of approval. You can also request for more information about the change request. If your system administrator has configured business rules or the outgoing email process, you might receive email notifications about the change approvals that are assigned to you. Once you approve or reject a change request, you cannot change your decision.
- On the Self Service Home page, click My Change Approvals.
- Click the change request for which you want to make a decision.
By default, only the open change requests are displayed.
- (Optional) If you need more information before taking a decision, in the Additional Information field, enter your query, and click Request More Information.
- Based on the decision you want to take, click Approve or Reject.
- In the dialog box that opens, enter comments about your decision, and click OK.