Administering WebSphere MQ objects
This section describes the concepts and procedures for middleware administrative tasks related to IBM WebSphere MQ. Its purpose is to describe each functional area conceptually, and provide procedures for related administrative tasks.
Administrative tasks are varied and include the following:
- Identify connections that fit within your management role/realm.
- Make the Product Administrator aware of those connections to help them create required projects, and in general communicate your administrative situation to your Administrator.
- Configure connections and related middleware objects using IBM WebSphere MQ.
To help you manage the MainView Middleware Administrator objects correctly, this section provides information about the following tasks:
- Searching for IBM WebSphere WMQ and/or TIBCO EMS objects
- Scheduling tasks
- Accessing objects
- Modifying objects
- Reviewing the current status of queues and objects
- Managing connections
- Managing events
- Informational monitoring: The Dashboard
- Working with the Dead Letter Queue Handler