Running the SSOMidtierIntegration utility on the Mid Tier
After you ran SSOARIntegration utility on the computer where the AR System server in installed, you must now run the SSOMidIntegration utility on the computer where the Mid Tier is installed.
Use the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On version 9.0 installer for integration if you have installed BMC Remedy Mid Tier on Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux platforms. For more information, see Running the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Installer on BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
This topic contains the following information:
Before you begin
Make sure that Oracle JRE 1.6.0_23 or higher is installed.
Before you begin, perform the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and AR System server integration.
If the Mid Tier web server is not Tomcat or JBoss, verify the Mid Tier URL before passing it as an input; you cannot verify it later when the web server is shut down.
To run the SSOMidtierIntegration utility to integrate Single Sign-On and the Mid Tier
- On the computer where the Mid Tier is installed, navigate to the <MidTierInstall>\AtriumSSOIntegrationUtility directory.
For example, navigate to C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\midtier\AtriumSSOIntegrationUtility.
Open the midtierintegration.txt file and update the parameters for your environment.
For example, you can enter the supported container types such as Tomcat 6, JBOSS v4, and so on.
# Install mode, it accepts values as "Install" or "Uninstall" and it is case insensitive. # Provide "Install", if you want to install the agent. Provide "Uninstall", if you want to Uninstall the Agent. --install-mode=Install # Container Type, Type of webserver being used to host midtier --container-type=TOMCATV6 # Supported contain types include JBOSSV4, JBOSSV5, SERVLETEXECV5, SERVLETEXECV6, # TOMCATV5, TOMCATV6, TOMCATV7, WEBSPHEREV6, WEBSPHEREV7, WEBSPHEREV8, WEBLOGICV10, WEBLOGICV11 #Web App URL, Provide the midtier URL in case load balancer is not there #otherwise provide the load balancer url, #and make sure the server name is provided with fully qualified domain name # and port is also provided in the URL. #--web-app-url=MidtierURL or LoadBalancerURL --web-app-url=http://midtierloadbalancer.bmc.com:8080/arsys #Container Base Directory, Provide the webserver home directory. --container-base-dir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat6.0 #JRE Path, Provide the path to the JRE home and make sure that you haven't provided till "bin". --jre-path=C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 #Midtier Home, Midtier Home Directory --midtier-home=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\ARSystem\midtier #Midtier URL, Provide the midtier URL here in case load balancer is being used. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property. #--notify-url=http://midtier.bmc.com:8080/arsys #Atrium SSO URL, Provide the Atrium SSO URL and and make sure the server name is # provided with fully qualified domain name and port is also provided in the URL. --atrium-sso-url=https://ssoserver.bmc.com:8443/atriumsso #Atrium SSO Admin Name --admin-name=amadmin #Atrium SSO Password --admin-pwd=ssoadminpassword #TrustStore Path, Path to the truststore directory. This is an optional parameter. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property.# --truststore=truststorepath | Optional parameter. #TrustStore Passowrd. This is an optional parameter. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property.# --truststore-password=truststorepassword | Optional parameter. #The Atrium SSO realm that this agent will use for user authentication. Default is /BmcRealm. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property. #--agent-realm=RealmName #force option, It accepts values as "Yes" or "No" where default is "No". #If "Yes" is provided then utility will not wait for user to shutdown the webserver, if not done already in case, webserver is other then tomcat or jboss. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property. #--force=<Yes or No> #Server Instance Name, Provide the name of Websphere instance name being used. It is required only in case Websphere being used to host the midtier. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property. #--server-instance-name=WebSphere server instance name #Server Instance Name, Provide the path to the Websphere instance configuration directory. It is required only in case Websphere being used to host the midtier. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property. #--instance-config-directory=WebSphere server instance configuration directory #Weblogic Domain Name, Provide the Weblogic domain name. It is required only in case WebLogic being used to host the midtier. #Remove # to uncomment and use the below property. #--weblogic-domain-home=Domain Name
- Blank passwords are not supported. Your AR System server user must have a password before you run this utility.
- Fully-qualified domain names for the AR System server and Atrium SSO URL parameters are required.
- If necessary, you can run the SSOMidtierIntegration utility multiple times, for example, to install or uninstall the integration (depending on the install-mode setting in themidtierintegration.txt file). The utility checks if an agent exists from a previous installation. If an agent exists, the utility uninstalls it and then re-installs a new agent.
- Review the optional inputs carefully for your environment.
- Save your changes to midtierintegration.txt.
- Open a command window and navigate to the the <MidTierInstall>\AtriumSSOIntegrationUtility directory.
Enter the following command:
java -jar SSOMidtierIntegration.jar --inputfile midtierintegration.txt
Manually shut down the web server if you are prompted by the utility.
The utility automatically shuts down Tomcat and JBoss.
When execution is successfully completed, open the BMC Atrium SSO Admin console.
The URL to open the BMC Atrium SSO Admin console is:
When you are prompted that you are connecting to an insecure or untrusted connection, add the exception and then continue.
- Under Agents List, verify that the agent was created.
For example, /arsys@MidTier.labs.bmc.com:8080 should be present.
Reverse proxy URLs
- Before you pass the reverse proxy URL as input in the utility command, make sure that you can log on to the application using the reverse proxy URL from the Mid-Tier computer where the command is run.
- If the reverse proxy server and the Mid Tier are installed on the same computer, stop the reverse proxy server before you run the SSOMidtierIntegration utility with the Mid Tier. When the utility completes its operation, restart the reverse proxy server.
If you must use reverse proxy URLs to run the Mid-Tier integration with the SSOMidtierIntegration utility, the utility works with or without ports in the
Where to go from here
If you do not plan to use BMC Atrium Single Sign-On AR authentication and plan to use different authentication methods, see Configuring after installation.
- Run a health check on the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On installation.