Running the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Installer on BMC Remedy Mid Tier
To integrate BMC Remedy Mid Tier with the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, you must run the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On installer on the computer on which the BMC Remedy Mid Tier is installed.
The BMC Atrium Single Sign-On version 9.0 installer can only be used for integration with BMC Remedy Mid Tier installed on Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux platforms. Use the SSOMidTierIntegration utility for integrating with BMC Remedy Mid Tier server installed on other platforms. For more information, see Running the SSOMidTierIntegration utility on the AR System server.
Before you begin
Before you integrate BMC Atrium Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy Mid Tier, ensure that the following conditions are met:
- The BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server and BMC Remedy AR System server are running.
- The BMC Remedy AR System server is integrated with the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server.
- You are running the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On installer on the same computer on which the BMC Remedy Mid Tier is installed.
If you want the common installer to start and stop the Tomcat server with the tomcat scripts, it should not be registered as a Windows service. When Apache Tomcat server is registered as a Microsoft Windows service, the installer will use the Windows service to control the Tomcat server in preference to the start/stop scripts.
To run the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Installer on BMC Remedy Mid Tier
- Unzip the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On files.
- Run the installation program.
The setup executable is located in the Disk1 directory of the extracted files:
- (Microsoft Windows) Run setup.exe.
- (UNIX) Run setup.sh (which automatically detects the appropriate subscript to execute).
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and then click Next.
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On installer
- Select the Integrate with BMC Remedy Mid Tier check box.
- Accept the default destination directory or browse to select a different directory, and then click Next.
- Enter BMC Remedy AR System integration parameters such as the AR System server name, user, password, and port number.
- Verify that the server name is the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and that the user name is valid, and then click Next.
Enter the path to the mid tier container directory. For example, SP engine home.
Ensure that you have either Apache Tomcat 6 or 7 installed. For this release, the other servers are not supported.
- Click Next.
Enter the mid tier or load balancer FQDN, and click Next.
If you have entered the load balancer FQDN, you must select the Is BMC Remedy Mid Tier behind load balancer check box.
- (Optional) Enter the truststore file path and password, and click Next.
- Enter the path of the mid tier installation directory, and click Next.
- Select the appropriate BMC agent (realm) name to integrate with the mid tier, and click Next.
- In the Installation Preview screen, click Install to perform integration with the mid tier.
- After the integration is complete, restart the mid tier.
Run the installer on all the mid tier servers, if you have deployed BMC Remedy Mid Tier in HA load balancing environment.
Adjusting the timeout values
After the integration of BMC Atrium Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy Mid Tier is completed, BMC recommends that you adjust the timeout values of the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On sessions to work with the settings of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier. For more information on timeout values, see Server Configuration Parameters.