Integrating BMC Capacity Optimization
This topic provides instructions for integrating BMC Capacity Optimization with the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
- For information about compatible versions of these BMC applications, see BSM Interoperability 8.5.1.
- This topic does not describe how to integrate data from BMC Atrium CMDB into BMC Capacity Optimization using Extract, Transform, and Load tasks (ETL tasks). For information about integrating data from BMC Atrium CMDB into BMC Capacity Optimization, see in the BMC Capacity Optimization online documentation.
Before you begin
- Before you can enable integration with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, you must have BMC Atrium CMDB installed and running.
- Before you can enable launching of BMC Capacity Optimization from BMC ProactiveNet when viewing a CI (device) associated with an event, you must integrate BMC ProactiveNet with BMC Atrium CMDB.
- If you want to use the latest features of BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, you must upgrade to the 9.0 web agents libraries on your existing BMC product servers.You do not need to reintegrate your products with BMC Atrium Single Sign-On. Contact the respective BMC product administrator for upgrading agent libraries.
To integrate BMC Capacity Optimization
- Log on to the BMC Capacity Optimization Console as a user with the administrator role.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the Navigation area, expand System.
- Click Configuration.
- Click the BMC Environment tab.
- At the bottom of the BMC Environment tab, click Edit.
- In the BMC Atrium Single-Sign-On area, next to Atrium Single-Sign-On, select Enable Atrium single sign-on for authentication in BMC Capacity Optimization.
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server information boxes appear.
- Type the following:
- Atrium SSO Server Host: Type the address of the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server host.
- Atrium SSO Server Port: Type the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server port number.
- Atrium SSO Server Username: Type the user name for BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server authentication.
Atrium SSO Server Password: Type the password for BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server authentication.
The BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server user must be assigned an administrator role.
- Click Execute.
A utility runs that registers BMC Capacity Optimization with the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server.
- Click Save.
- Close your BMC Capacity Optimization Console browser window.
- Verify that BMC Capacity Optimization services have been restarted (see the Verifying that BMC Capacity Optimization services are running section of Verifying BMC Capacity Optimization installation).
- Log on to the BMC Capacity Optimization Console (see Accessing the BMC Capacity Optimization console).