Integrating BMC Remedy AR System and Mid Tier
The typical method for integrating BMC Atrium Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy AR System is to install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, install BMC Remedy AR System, and then integrate with BMC Remedy AR System. In the 8.1 release, you use a single utility — AtriumSSOIntegrationUtility — installed both with the AR System server and the BMC Remedy Mid Tier to integrate with the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On solution. To perform the integration, you first run the utility on the computer where the AR System server is installed, and then you run the utility a second time on the computer where the Mid Tier is installed.After following the steps mentioned in the installation topic, follow the integration steps mentioned here.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have installed BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Remedy Mid Tier before following the steps mentioned in the this topic. For more information, see Installing BMC Atrium Single Sign-On with the AR System server and Mid Tier.
If you are not planning to use Internal LDAP as authentication, you can skip the step 4 related to configuring AR System users and groups for authentication.
- Running the SSOARIntegration utility on the AR System server
- Reviewing AR server external authentication settings and configuring group mapping
- Running the SSOMidtierIntegration utility on the Mid Tier
- Managing the AR System users and groups for authentication
- Running a health check on the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On installation
To view the steps for unintegration, see Removing integration with BMC Remedy Mid Tier.