Downloading the installation files
This topic provides instructions for downloading the files that you need for installation. The latest BMC Atrium Single Sign-On GA version on the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website is 8.1.00.03.
Files to download
The following table provides the product files available on the BMC EPD website for BMC Atrium Single Sign-On. You can find the installer and documentation related to BMC Atrium Single Sign-On version 8.1.00.03 on the Products tab itself.
The BMC Atrium Single Sign-On is provided with the ESM solution suites. On the BMC EPD website, you must visit the download sections for BMC Remedy IT Service Management, BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, BMC BladeLogic Automation, or BMC Application Management suites to obtain the the latest version of BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
You can download the latest installer files from any of the ESM solution suites on the EPD web site. For example, BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite > BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.1.00 - OperatingSystem > BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Version 8.1.00 for OperatingSystem
|Hyperlink on EPD page||File names on EPD page|
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Version 8.1.00.03 - Microsoft Windows
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Version 8.1.00.02 - Oracle Solaris
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Version 8.1.00.02 - Linux (for AIX)
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Version 8.1.00.03 Documentation
The installation files for BMC Atrium Single Sign-On versions 8.1.00.02 have been replaced with the installation files for version 8.1.00.03, and can no longer be downloaded from the EPD site. Patch 3 for BMC Atrium Single Sign-On 8.1.00 (8.1.00.03) is a full installation and includes the fixes that were available in Patch 1 and Patch 2 (8.1.00.01 and 8.1.00.02). You can download the Patch 3 installation files from the BMC EPD site and perform your normal installation.
To download the files
The product files that you download from the EPD website might contain some or all of the patches listed on a product's Customer Support web page. If the EPD page shows that a patch is included in a file you downloaded, you do not need to obtain that patch separately.
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://www.bmc.com/available/epd.html.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
(Optional) Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
This step is used only for verifying that BMC Atrium Single Sign-On 8.1.00 Patch 3 (8.1.00.03) installation files are available on the Licensed Products tab. For downloading and installing BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, you must use the ESM solution suite mentioned in the following step.
Locate the solution for which you are using BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, such as BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, and expand its entries.
As BMC Atrium Single Sign-On is a part of ESM solution suite, you must visit the download sections for BMC Remedy IT Service Management, BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, BMC BladeLogic Automation, or BMC Application Management suites to obtain the the latest version of BMC Atrium Single Sign-On. For the steps in this process, BMC Remedy IT Service Management is used.
- Click any of the following tabs:
Products — Displays the product files and BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.1.00 and BMC Atrium Single Sign-On related files available for download. Use the appropriate platform and language.
- Patches — Displays the patch and service pack files available for download.
- License Information — Displays the files related to licenses.
- Documentation — Displays the Online Technical Documentation Portal links and the offline zip files of the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite 8.1.00 and BMC Atrium Single Sign-On documentation available for download.
- Select the check boxes next to the files and documents that you want to download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
Enabling search in the offline documentation
The Offline Documentation - productName version zip file contains an archived version of the online documentation. For the latest and most comprehensive content, see the BMC Online Technical Documentation Portal. The search contains local files
To enable search in the offline documentation
Deploy the offline documentation on a web server by using one of the following methods:
- If this is the first BMC offline documentation archive that you are installing on the web server, extract the zip file to the web application deployment folder of your web container (servlet container).
For example, with an Apache Tomcat web server, extract the zip file to <TomcatInstallationDirectory>\webapps
- If at least one BMC offline documentation archive is already installed on the web server, perform the following steps:
- Extract the zip file to your hard drive.
- Open the extracted localhelp folder.
- Copy only the productName version folder and the productName version.map.txt file to the localhelp folder of your web container (servlet container).
For example, if you are deploying BMC Asset Management 8.1 documentation to an Apache Tomcat web server, copy the asset81 folder and the BMC Asset Management 8.1.map.txt file to <TomcatInstallationDirectory>\webapps\localhelp. Do not include the other folders and file.
To view the offline documentation in a browser
Type the following URL:
For example: http://SanJoseTomcat:8080/localhelp/ars81/Home.html
Where to go from here
- Carefully review the Prerequisites for installation for your platform and other tasks necessary specific to the type of installation you choose.
- For installation instructions, see Installing.