Configuring a JVM for the Tomcat Server
To configure a JVM that will run the Tomcat server, perform the following steps. The location of the JVM is always determined by the administrator who configures the Tomcat server. Ensure that JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables are set.
To configure a JVM for the Tomcat server
- Install the cryptography library (cryptoj.jar) in the following location:
- (Microsoft Windows) jdkDirectory\jre\lib\ext
- (UNIX) jdkDirectory/jre/lib/ext
- Perform the following modifications to the java.security file.
Add a new line to the end of providers' definition list, and ensure that the provider is sequentially numbered.
x specifies the order in which the security providers will be searched.
The java.security file can be found at:
- (Microsoft Windows) jdkDirectory\jre\lib\security
- (UNIX) jdkDirectory/jre/lib/security
The RSA provider can be the last provider in the security providers list, except when BMC Atrium Single Sign-On is running in FIPS mode. For this configuration, the RSA provider must be first, with the remaining ones renumbered.