Using AUTO functions
The SMFUNCxx PARMLIB member activates MainView SRM Automation (AUTO) functions and controls message and tracing activity. Functions provide all of the runtime services of MainView SRM Automation. SMFUNCxx points to members SMFLSTxx and SMRLSTxx, which select resources and control the operation of the functions. Each function must be specified in the SMFUNCxx member to be available and must be active to provide services.
Unlike other MainView SRM functions, the AUTOAPPL, AUTOCATA, AUTOCATC, AUTODS, AUTOOVSM AUTOPOOL, and AUTOVOL functions are initiated through console commands rather than during some other process or event. For example, the AUTOPOOL console command can be used to initiate pool automation. This console command can be issued by an AUTO function solution or by time-driven rules in MainView AutoOPERATOR or through any mechanism that can issue console commands.
For information about defining functions, system parameters, and FLST/RLST parameters, see the MainView SRM products usage documentation.
For more information about using AUTO functions, see:
- Synchronous automation processing
- SOLUTION parameter
- SET result group
- Rule list SET parameters
- Saving tailored skeleton JCL
- Data set naming conventions for tailored skeleton JCL
- AUTOADDV function—Add volume to storage group
- AUTOAPPL function—Application automation
- AUTOCATA function—Catalog scan alias automation
- AUTOCATC function—Catalog scan catalog automation
- AUTODS function—Data set automation
- AUTOHERR function—HSM error reporting
- AUTOHMSG function—Automate on DFSMShsm log messages
- AUTOOVSM function—Open VSAM data sets automation
- AUTOPOOL function—Pool automation
- AUTOVOL function—Volume automation
- Multilevel automation (MLA) processing