Testing AUTO functions
To test AUTO functions
- Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Functions to display the ADFUNC view.
- Type A in the CMD column next to AUTODS; then press Enter to activate it, and validate that the FLST/RLST suffix that is listed is AD.
- Press Enter to return to the EZSRM Menu.
- Under Tools and Menus on the EZSRM Menu, select Automation to display the Automation Options menu.
- Select Skeleton JCL Members to display the AUTOJCL view. This view lists the skeleton JCL members in the BBSLIB data set, specified in the BBSLIB DD statement of the SVOS started task PROC JCL.
- Type an E next to the SRMJOB01 row to edit the skeleton JCL.
- Edit the SRMJOB01 member in ?prefix.BBSLIB library in the BBSLIB DD statement in your SVOS subsystem PROC JCL statements.
Edit the job card to suit your site standards. Note that SYSIN statements and some JCL statements are coded as comments to allow the this IVP to run without actually manipulating data sets. Leave them as they are for the IVP procedure.
- Press PF3 to save the changes.
- From the operator console, issue the following command:
F mvsrmas ,SVOS AUTODS VOL= xxxxxx ,SOL=COMPRLSE
where mvsrmas is the name of your MainView SRM started task and xxxxxx is the volume serial number of a volume online to your system. Select a volume that you know has at least one data set that has multiple extents.
- Under Tools and Menus on the EZSRM Menu, select Automation to advance to the Automation Options menu.
- From the Automation Options menu, select Automated Resources to advance to the AUTO view. Under Resource Name, you should see the name of the volume you specified earlier.
- Press PF3 to return to the Automation Options menu, and select Submitted Jobs.
A row of data should exist representing the job that was submitted. If the SRMJOB01 skeleton member that was submitted is waiting or is still running, you should see SUBMITTED in the Job Status column. The other views from the Automation main menu can be used to further verify the activity.
Assuming data sets that match the FLST/ RLST criteria for the COMPRLSE solution were found on the volume you selected, the job submitted should end with a RC=12 (because the control cards are coded as comments). Check the output of the job and ensure the variable substitutions were made.
If the FLST/RLST criteria were not met, no job would have been submitted. If this situation happens, consider reissuing the command by using a different volume or change the FLST/RLST criteria for this solution.For more information about the Automation component, see Using MainView SRM Enterprise Storage Automation.