Using SPACPRIM to test Allocation functions
To test Allocation functions with SPACPRIM
- Copy the following members from ?prefix.BBSAMP to ?prefix.UBBPARM:
- Follow the instructions in each member and save your changes.
- Sign on to MainView SRM. The EZSRM Menu is displayed.
- Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Functions and perform the following actions:
- Type C in the CMD column next to SPACPRIM, and then press Tab.
- Type SP in the FLST column, and then press Tab.
- Type SP in the RLST column and press Enter to display the 'change requested' message; press Enter again to redisplay ADFUNC.
- Type A in the CMD column next to SPACPRIM, and then press Enter to activate it.
The suffix changes for SPACPRIM remains in effect until SVOS is stopped or until you change them to new values.
- Copy IVPX3701 from ?prefix.BBSAMP to ?prefix.UBBSAMP.
- Follow the instructions in the member and save your changes.
- From your ISPF session, submit job ?prefix.UBBSAMP(IVPX3701).
- Verify that the data set has been allocated with less primary space than specified in the JCL. Verify that the job message log contains a message stating that SPACPRIM has reduced the primary amount.
If you were unable to verify the data set allocation, check the following items:
Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Functions.
Does SPACPRIM display as active?
Does SPACPRIM show SP as both FLST and RLST?
Did the job you saved as IVPX3701 use the job name identified by the JOB keyword in both SMFLSTSP and SMRLSTSP?
Does the volume that you specified in IVPX3701 have less than 600 cylinders, but at least 120 cylinders (20 percent of 600 cylinders)? (If you do not have a volume that fits these criteria, change the primary space in job IVPX3701.)
Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Component Status. Does the Allocation component display as active?