Testing event generation
To test event generation
- Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Component Status.
- To start the Automation component, type S the CMD field next to Storage Automation, and press Enter.
- Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Parmlib Members to advance to the EZSRMP Parmlib Members menu.
- Under SRM Parmlib Members, select All Active Members.
- From the active PARMLIB member list, type E in the CMD column next to SMEVNT00, the active event member, then press Enter. The SMEVNT00 member is displayed.
- Verify that an EVENTID parameter with a value of U0001 is shown in SMEVNT00.
- Change the MODE=INACT keyword in the U0001 event definition to MODE=ACT, then press F3 to exit the member.
- Type R in the CMD field next to SMEVNT00, then press Enter to refresh the member.
- Under Administration on the EZSRM Menu, select Functions to display the ADFUNC view.
- Locate the SPACPRIM function. Type ER (for Edit RLST), in the CMD field next to it and press Enter. The SMRLSTSP member is displayed.
- Validate that the $IVPJOB in the RLST has been changed to the job name to be used in the IVPESA01 job.
- Verify that an EVENTID keyword exists specifying a value of U0001 in SMRLSTSP, and then press F3 to exit the member.
- Type RR in the CMD field next to SPACPRIM, then press Enter to refresh the member.
- In ?prefix.BBSAMP(IVPESA01), follow the user instructions, then save and submit the member.
The U0001 event is sent to the system log. Check the system log for appearance of message SVWU0001I.
- Use the Events view to see the event count increase when the event is sent. To access the Events view, under Tools and Menus on the EZSRM Menu, select Automation to advance to the Automation Options menu.
- From the Automation Options menu, select Event Statistics and verify that the number of events requested has been incremented.