Viewing and managing your requests
When a fulfillment worker adds work log information to a fulfillment request, these log entries are passed to the activity log in the service request. Updates to fulfillment request log entries appear as new entries in the Request Entry console activity log.
Review activity log entries carefully to see whether they are new entries or updates to previous log entries.
The Process View tab displays the process steps and fulfillment applications behind the request offering. You can view this tab only if the administrator has enabled the option to allow users to view it, or if you have SRM Administrator or Request Catalog Manager permission. When you click an object, its properties, such as the fulfillment details, display in the panel on the right. If you have permission to view incidents, changes, and work orders, and the fulfillment request was submitted successfully, the request's ID appears as a link that opens the fulfillment request. For information about troubleshooting the request, see Troubleshooting processes related to a service.
To filter requests in the My Requests pod
To view requests by status type, select one of the following options from the Show drop-down list on the My Requests pod:
- All — All submitted requests regardless of their status
- Open and Draft Requests — Requests that have not yet been closed and requests that have not yet been submitted
Requests Needing Attention — Includes requests for which a fulfillment worker has created an entry in the request's Activity Log for you to read. Click the Request Details link to read the Activity Log, and then close the Request Details dialog box. This removes the request from the list of requests that need attention.
If the requester and the fulfillment worker who created the activity log are the same user, the request is not displayed under Requests Needing Attention.
The Requests Needing Attention list also includes requests for which an approver has requested more information. Click the Respond link to answer the approver's question, and to remove the request from the list. See Working with requests that require approval.
- Recently Closed Requests — Requests that were recently closed because they were fulfilled or because they were rejected
- Requests Closed Since Last Login — Requests that were closed since the last time you logged on to BMC Service Request Management
- Closed Requests — All your closed requests
To configure the default setting for viewing your submitted requests, see Using the Request Entry console.
To search for requests
- In the My Requests pod, click the Search icon.
The Search field appears below the Show field. You can search by Title, requester's first name, last name, or full name.
Enter the search criteria, such as Request ID, and click the Search icon.
Requests that match the search criteria are displayed in the My Requests pod.
Search supports only the "%" wildcard. Search might be case-sensitive or case-insensitive depending on .
To view request details
- In the My Requests pod, click the record name or click Details.
- To view the approval information such as the approvers, approval status, and the justification for approving or rejecting the request, click the Additional Details tab.
To view the process steps and fulfillment applications behind the request offering, click the Process View tab.
You can view the process fulfillment details for the In progress status in the Details tab by selecting the Show in Simplified View check box.
Click Contact Coordinator to send an email about the request to the service request coordinator.
- Click Close to close the detail window.
To view and add entries to the activity log
- Open the request from the My Requests pod.
- Click the Details tab.
- Verify that the work information entered by staff members in the Activity Log is correct.
- If necessary, add a log entry to the activity log.
- (Optional) Add an attachment to the log by clicking the Add icon ().