Using the Import Export Console
Deployment managers can use the Import Export console to perform data migration. Use the Import Export Console if any of the following options are required:
- Canceling the import if duplicates are found
- Skipping the import of duplicate objects
- Importing all SRDs as New
- Applying the imported SRDs to a different company
The following video describes the import export process for SRDs
To migrate data with the Import Export Console:
- Prepare your destination server.
This step migrates objects and data that are used by BMC Service Request Management, but are not handled by the Import Export Console.
- Export selected service request definitions (SRDs), process definition templates (PDTs), and supporting data from the source server.
To perform this step, use the Import Export Console, as explained in Exporting SRDs, PDTS, and supporting data. The export process creates an .arx file and attachments folder (containing images). The Import Export Console only handles certain kinds of BMC Service Request Management objects and data, as explained in the "Objects and data that are migrated" section in Migrating BMC Service Request Management objects and data.
- Import SRDs, PDTs, and supporting data to the destination server
Use the Import Export Console and the .arx file created in step 2, as explained in Importing data from the Import Export Console.
To complete the migration steps, you must have Request Catalog Manager and BMC Remedy AR System Administrator permissions.