Using the Business Manager Console
To access the Business Manager Console, you must have Business Manager permission. For more information, see Roles and permission groups in BMC Service Request Management.
The Business Manager Console uses flashboards to provide important data points and key metrics as charts. They provide an overview of the current state of all requests as percentages. You can use them to monitor requests to make sure your organization is meeting its identified goals.
The top part of the console enables you to specify search criteria, and the Search Results table shows requests in different states, for example, Pending Approval, based on your query. From the search results you can access request details such as the request ID, status, submit and required dates, and so on. You can add work information to request, such as notes on completed tasks.
Watch this video on how to view late requests in the Business Manager console.
To view status overview information in the flashboards
- From the Business Manager Console, select one of the following options from the Chart list:
- Open Requests shows all open requests.
- Late Requests By Category shows all late requests by their Category 1 level.
These charts provide key metrics associated with requests occurring in the organization.
(Optional) Set the Apply search criteria? option to Yes.
When you select this option, the values entered into the Search Criteria fields that qualify the data shown in the search results are also be applied to the charts displayed in the flashboard.
The values that you enter can cause the chart to show no data in the flashboard. For example, if you query the requests that are closed, but the chart shows open requests, the search returns no rows.
- Place your mouse pointer over the bar chart in a flashboard.
When you place your mouse pointer over one of the bars in the bar chart, a tooltip appears. The tooltip displays information about the graph (for example, the number of requests that are in the Planning state).
- Click the graph to view the requests.
The request form opens in Edit mode, showing the records that are in the Initiated state. You can scroll through these records and modify them as needed.
To search for and sort requests
For example, from the Status list on the Business Manager Console, select a status such as Draft or In Progress to view those requests.Select a Search Criteria filter to filter the requests that you want to see.
- Click Search to display results.
(Optional) Click Clear to remove all search criteria and try again, or click Default to reset search criteria to their default settings and try again. (You can set default search criteria in the console preferences.)
- Select a request in the Search Results table. An abbreviated list of details appears in the Request Summary (for example, the service coordinator, the submit date, any price associated with the request, and so on). If the list of requests is long, it is paginated.
(Optional) Select a page number from the Page drop-down list to view requests on that page.
To view request details
- Use the Search Criteria filters to search for requests.
- Select a request from the search results.
- Click Request Details.
On the Details tab, you can view information about the request, for example, the request ID, status, submit and required dates, and so on. The Activity Log panel on the right shows comments entered by the user and fulfillment workers.
- To view the provided information from the requester, click the Additional Details tab.
To view the processes behind the request and the fulfillment details, click the Process View tab.
Depending on your permissions and the definition of the request, you might not see the Process View tab. For more information, see Searching for and viewing PDTs.
To add request work information
- Select a request from search results, and click Add Info To Request.
- From the Request Work Info form, add work information as needed (for example, notes or an attachment).
- Click Save.
To set preferences for console appearance and default search criteria
- From the Business Manager Console, choose Functions > Preferences.
- From the Application Preferences form, click the Business Manager tab.
- Modify the default search criteria for the Business Manager Console.
For example, you might want the default settings for a particular company and region to appear (for example, the Northeast region of Calbro Services).
(Optional) If you want the values entered into the Search Criteria fields applied to the flashboard, select Yes for the Apply search criteria? option.
By default, this option is set to No. The values you enter can cause the chart to show no data in the flashboard. For example, if you query the requests that are closed, but the chart shows open requests, the search returns no rows.
- Click Save.
You must close and open the Business Manager Console for the changes to appear.