Reminders enable you to create notes for yourself and others. You can send reminders by email or through alerts, and you can specify when to send them.
You can create generic reminders, or you can create reminders that are associated with a specific work order or task. For example, you can send yourself a note to follow up on a work order.
Whether you access these reminders from the console or from a work order determines which reminders you can view:
- When you open the Reminders dialog box from the console, you can view all reminders that you have created.
- When you open reminders from a work order, you can view all reminders associated with that work order. This includes reminders created by other users of the application.
You can modify or delete only the reminders that you have created.
To create a reminder
- From the IT Home Page, choose Service Request Management > Work Order Console.
- Click Functions > Reminders.
- In the Reminders dialog box, click the Create Reminder tab.
- In the Notify list, select Individual or Group, depending on whether you are sending the reminder to a single person or a group of people.
- In the Recipient field, type the name of the person or group to notify.
If you type a name in the Recipient field and press ENTER, the AR Login field is automatically populated. If you leave the field empty and press Enter, the People Search dialog box appears. You can search for a name and select it from a list. The Recipient and AR Login fields are automatically populated.
- In the Time field, enter the time that you want the system to send the reminder.
You can type the information, or you can click the button next to the field and select the time from the calendar that appears. By default, the Time field contains the current date and time.
- In the Subject field, enter information about the reminder.
The information in this field appears in the subject line if the reminder is sent by email.
- In the Message field, type the reminder message.
- Click Save.
The reminder is sent at the time you specified.
To view, modify and delete reminders
- In the Work Order Management console, or from a work order, click Functions > Reminders.
- In the Show Reminders field, select the set of reminders to view:
The reminders appear in the table.
- Select a reminder, and click View.
- To modify a reminder, select it in the Reminder Details dialog box, change it as needed, and click Save.
- To delete a reminder, select the reminder, and click Delete.