Submitting a previous request again
If you need to create a request that is similar to a previous one that you submitted, you can use the Request Again function to create a copy. You can modify the copy to create a new request. You can copy a request from its Detail view and from the My Requests pod.
You can copy a request regardless of its status. That is, you can copy a draft, submitted, or canceled request.
When you copy a request, information in the original request is copied, including attachments. The date and time fields values and questions regarding the date are not copied because they might not be valid for the new request. Similarly, static values, such as options in a drop-down list, are not copied if they were revised after the original request was submitted.
When you submit a request again, the system creates a new request, with an unique Request ID and lists it on the My Requests pod. For draft requests, the system displays the Complete option along with a pencil icon.
- You cannot use the Request Again function for certain kinds of requests called "quick launch" requests, which open external web sites. For these kinds of requests, there are no questions to answer and so no data is collected that needs to be copied. To request again, locate the quick launch request in Popular Requests or by browsing categories, select it, and click Submit.
- The Request Again function is also not available for service requests created automatically from incidents, changes, and work orders.
To submit a previous request again
- In the My Requests pod, click Request Again for the request that you want to copy. Alternatively, open the request, and on the My Request Detail form, click Request Again.
The Provide Information form appears. The Required Completion and Expected Completion fields reflect the current date. You can change these values if needed.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To submit the new request at a later date, click Save as Draft. (When you are ready to complete the draft request, click Complete to view and modify the request details.)
- To submit it immediately, click Submit.
- To submit the request on behalf of another user, click Edit and click Request on Behalf Of at the top of the Provide Information form.