Relating work orders to other fulfillment records
If the BMC Remedy ITSM applications are installed on a remote system, status information is not visible in the table. This is because the status sync up workflow is implemented in filters, but filters do not support accessing forms on a remote system. If the BMC Remedy ITSM applications are installed on a local system, there is no issue.
On the Relationships tab, you can perform the following actions:
- Relate other work orders, incident records, change requests, and configuration items (CIs) to a work order
- View related fulfillment records, such as other work orders, incidents, change requests, and CI forms, if you have the required permission
- Remove a relationship with a related work order, incident, change request, or CI
You can relate a CI to a work order from a work order form, but you cannot relate the a work order to a CI from the CI form.
To relate work orders to other fulfillment records
- From the IT Home Page, select Service Request Management > Search Work Order, and click Search.
- Select the work order, and click the Relationships tab.
From the Search list (under Create Relationships) at the bottom of the tab, select the type of record to which to relate the current record. Alternatively, you can skip step 2 and step 3, and select Create Relationship To > Type of Record from the Quick Action section of the navigation bar on the left.
If you want to create a new work order by using a template and then define the relationship, you must first apply the template to create the work order and then define the relationship.
In the search window for the request type, enter a string in the Search field, and click the Search icon.
The search fields that are displayed can vary depending on the type of record that you chose in the Search list.
- In the search results table, select the record to relate to the work order.
- From the Select a Relationship Type list at the bottom of the search dialog box, select Related to, and click Relate.
To view related work orders
- Select a related work order in the table on the Relationships tab.
- Click the View icon
The related work order appears on the Work Order form.
- To return to the current work order, click on work order number listed in the path of links ("bread crumbs") at the top of the form.
To view and manage relationships with other fulfillment records
- To view a related fulfillment record, such as an incident record, select it in the Relationships table, and click the View icon.
- To unrelate a service request, select it in the Relationships table, and click the Remove icon .
To restrict the number of requests that appear in the table, select the request type in the Show Related field.