Defining range questions
Range questions appear in the Request Entry console as a slider bar where users move the slider left or right to indicate their answer.
When specifying a range of values for a range question, specify a range that covers a maximum of 20 discrete values. To allow users to enter a wider range of values, use a text question type.
To define range questions
- Open the Questions & Mappings dialog box for an SRD. See Adding questions to an SRD.
- On the Questions tab, click Add Question.
- In the Question Text field, enter a question for users (for example, Quality of Food).
If you want to enter the greater than (>) or less than (<) sign in the Question Text field, use encoded text (> for >, and < for <); otherwise, browsers will interpret the greater than and less than signs as HTML markup, which is not supported. For more information, see Restrictions in creating questions.
- In the Question Format field, select Range.
- (Optional) In the Instructions field, enter instructions on responding to the question.
- In the Minimum Label field, enter the value that appears to users (for example, Low).
- In the Minimum Value field, enter the smallest range value (for example, 1).
- In the Maximum Label field, enter the value that appears to users (for example, High).
- In the Maximum Value field, enter the largest displayed value (for example, 10).
- Click Save.