Defining check box questions
Check box questions appear in the Request Entry Console as multiple selection check boxes. Users can select as many check boxes as needed.
To define check box questions
- Open the Questions & Mappings dialog box for an SRD. See Adding questions to an SRD.
- On the Questions tab, click Add Question.
- In the Question Text field, enter a question for users.
If you want to enter the greater than (>) or less than (<) sign in the Question Text field, use encoded text (> for >, and < for <); otherwise, browsers will interpret the greater than and less than signs as HTML markup, which is not supported. For more information, see Restrictions in creating questions.
- In the Question Format field, select Check Boxes.
- (Optional) In the Instructions field, enter instructions on responding to the question.
- In the Displayed Value field, enter the value that appears to users (for example, Accounting).
- In the Stored Value field, enter the value stored in the database.
- Click Add.
- Repeat step 6 through step 8 for each option you want to add.
- Click Save.