Creating work order templates
This section provides information about configuring work order templates.
To create work order templates
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Work Order > Work Order Template, and click Open .
- Enter information in the following fields at the top of the Work Order Template form:
- In the Company field of the, select a company for the template.
- In the Summary field, enter a brief description of the work order.
- In the Template Name field, enter a name for the template.
- In the Work Order Type field, select the appropriate type for this template — for example, General (the default) or Project.
- (Optional) In the Notes field, enter a complete description of the template.
- In the Status field, select a status.
This information is entered to the Summary field on the Work Order form.
Click Save to add your template to the list of available work order templates.
The new template is unregistered for BMC Service Request Management. To register the template by adding it to an AOT, see Creating application templates and application object templates.
- From the Classification tab of the Work Order Template form, enter information in the following fields:
- In the Company field, select the name of the company for requests based on this template
- (Optional) In the Region field, select the area of the company.
- (Optional) In the Site Group field, select the city of the company.
- (Optional) In the Site field, select the location of the company for this work order.
- (Optional) In the Business Service field, select a business service configuration item (CI) to relate to this work order. Items in the list are retrieved from the Atrium Service Catalog.
- (Optional) Select the appropriate operational categorizations for Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.
Here you configure the three-tier hierarchy defined in your operational catalog.
- (Optional) Select the appropriate product categorizations for Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Product Name, and Model/Version.
Here you configure the five-tier hierarchy defined in your product catalog. If you do not see the appropriate product, continue to make selections in product categorization until you see the appropriate product.
- Click Save.
- From the Tasks tab of the Work Order Template form, enter information in the following fields to specify which tasks and task groups to include in this template:
- To add a task or task group to your template, select a request type in the Type list (for example, Task Template) and click Relate.
- (Optional) Use the Type (for example, ALL) and Category (for example, Task Management System) fields in the Select Template dialog box to filter the list of tasks that appear.
- Select a task or task group, and click Relate.
The task or task group is added to the template.
Close the dialog box, and click Save.
If your organization does not use tasks for work orders, the Tasks tab might not be visible in the view.