Configuring service targets
If BMC Service Level Management is installed, you can use the goals for service targets that are shipped with BMC Service Request Management:
- Service Request Total Time sets a time to complete the request after it is submitted.
- Service Request Process Time sets a time to complete the request after it is approved.
- Service Request Approval Time sets a time to approve the request after it is submitted.
You can override any of these settings by using the Configure Service Target Defaults form.
To configure service target defaults
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Applications Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Service Level Management > Service Target Defaults, and click Open.
On the Configure Service Target Defaults form, customize the service targets by selecting a service target and entering information in the following optional fields:
The product that the service target applies to; in this case it is Service Request.
Select from the BMC Service Request Management goal types that are shipped with the product:
- Service Request Approval Time
- Service Request Process Time
- Service Request Total Time
Select the status of the service target:
- Enabled — The service target is saved.
- Disabled — The service target cannot be attached to any new requests; however, the measurements continue for any exiting requests.
- Invalid — The service target is no longer in operation.
The time in which the service request must have a response. After this time the service target is considered missed.
The estimated costs per minute to the business if the service target is missed
The periods when the service target measurements are suspended (for example, during a holiday when the company is closed)
Predefined templates that specify when the measurements start and finish
- Click Save.