This section describes using other log files to troubleshoot installation issues.
The following topics are provided:
- Analyzing upgrade installation logs
- Errors in upgrade installations for forms that are no longer used
Error and warning messages have [messageType] prefixes, for example, [ERROR] or [WARNING] that indicate the category of the message. Included with the prefix is a timestamp or called routine, if applicable. Installation step outlines have no prefixes.
To see if an installation is still running, you can monitor the last update to the log files.
To use analyze log files to troubleshoot an installation
- Review the BMCServiceRequestManagement.html summary log file for failures. Search for Failed.
The BMCServiceRequestManagement.html file contains a high-level summary, including a line-by-line success and fail tally for each .def and .arx file. At the end of the log is a summary table indicating the total number of objects, number of objects that imported successfully, and number of objects that failed to import.
- If you find any errors, review the BMCServiceRequestManagement_error.log file for details about the errors.
- If you find an indication of cascading failures, review the BMCServiceRequestManagement.log file to obtain more complete information about the source of the errors.
- If you find any errors, review the arerror.log file and the database error logs to determine the source of installation errors.
- Send the BMCServiceRequestManagementLogs.zip output file from the temp folder to Customer Support on request. The path to the zipped log appears below the Zip Logs button.