You cannot reopen a request after it reaches the Closed status. Requests with a status of Completed are automatically closed after 15 days.
When you reopen a request, the original request is reopened in the fulfillment application if possible, or a work order is created, depending on how your administrator configured your system.
If you are reopening a request that was rejected during an approval process, the request status changes to Draft. If you are reopening a completed request, or a request that was rejected by a fulfillment application worker, the request status changes to Initiated or In Progress, depending on the status of the fulfillment request.
To reopen a request
From the Show field on the Request Entry console, select Closed Requests.
For a more narrowly defined search, select Recently Closed Requests or Requests Closed Since Last Login.
- Select a request that has been rejected or completed.
- Click Reopen and then click Yes .
- On the Request Work Info form, add summary information, notes, and attachments as needed.
- Click Save.
- From the Show field, select All Open Requests, or click Open Requests in the left navigation pane.
- If your original request was rejected, select the reopened request, and click Complete Request.
- On the Provide Information screen, enter the required information, and click Submit.